Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Frost on The Ground!

Cold, cold and more cold here in South Carolina!

I looked at the strawberry patch this morning and realized we were BAD gardeners!
We both kept commenting on protecting our strawberries before the frost and we failed. That seems to be how gardening has worked for us.  Three steps forward, one step back.  Living and learning in the dirt!

I have been looking at all the wonderful seed catalogues that are arriving and dreaming big time!  I have visions of purple green beans, purple potatoes, purple tomatoes, and purple bell peppers!!  Do you see a theme going here?  I love purple!  My favorite color!

The truth of our next season gardening is it will not be a priority, and that makes me sad.  We will
cover the basics and add some more berries, but the new businesses are the priority in 2014.

I have been contacting different Farmers Markets around our area.  Trying to gather information to see who might have an opening, what the requirements are, and what are the cost?

It was quite disturbing yesterday reading different rules on each website.  We do not live in any of the counties that have awesome Farmers Markets. You must be from each said county to participate in their Farmers Market.  I realize that is important if you are selling food produced in each county.  Buying Local is something I support, but we are selling homemade items.
 
Soap and Pillows.
  What an odd combo.
 
  Well, we are an odd combo, so it makes sense!!

Our county has one small Farmers Market downtown.  It would not support what we need to accomplish in order to make this small business a reality.

This is where the tope or speedbump in the road comes along and throws you for a loop.  This is where you do not give up.  This is where creative thinking comes in!  This is where IF there is a will there is a way!!

So I am putting on my thinking cap today.  I am going to find a way to approach this from another angle and make it work!


Last night we unwrapped our second batch of soap!
Eucalyptus scent!

Unwrapping each layer of towel!
Like Christmas!!
 
Another successful loaf!  Yahoo!!
 
We experimented with bubble wrap on the top to create a pattern!
 
We need to put more pressure on bubble wrap to create a more consistent surface,
but I like it for a first try!
 
15 more bars to cure and then to be handed out as test samples to our family and friends!!
The scent was not strong enough for me.  We need to experiment with our formula.
Still wonderful and it lathers up really well!!
 
 
I am going to switch my focus right now and go order a prime rib for our Christmas dinner!
It always helps me to get out of the house for a moment when I need to refocus.
 
What are you eating for Christmas dinner?
What are your classic Holiday dishes?
So many wonderful traditions in this world!!
 
Let us honor each other's beliefs and traditions with love!
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Every result you get in your life is the combination of the challenge you receive from the reality around you and your capacity to respond to that challenge."
 
Fred Kofman
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment