Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

HAPPY - HAPPY - HAPPY

Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire!

My dear friend, Miss R has become a crazy, crazy baker!  She has talked non-stop about this delicious bread she makes, which is a no-knead delight baked in a dutch oven.  She describes a scrum diddly delicious loaf which is crunchy, crusty goodness. . . .

Here is a video of this incredible bread:
 
 
I have dreamed of baking a good crunchy loaf of bread.  For years!

I have promised to try this recipe, as soon as we can save up for a dutch oven!

What oh what shows up at my front porch yesterday?!?!

The whole kit and kaboodle of Lodge Cast Iron Cookware!!

Holy Moly!

I am humbled by this generous gift!  I cannot wait to make this bread.  I cannot wait to use this cast iron cookware.  It is awesome.  It can last for a 100 years!  It does not leach toxins into your food!

Plus a bag of King Arthur Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour!

Do you think she wants me to bake this bread?
 
I am officially off my diet because this weekend I am making bread, pancakes, bacon, paninis, cornbread, oh the list is too long!  I forgot the stew!  Or what about a brisket? 
 
Thank you dear friend!
 She actually drove across the country to baby-sit me for a summer after one of my engagements broke up! She was in Vermont in Art School, I was in California crying my eyes out over the wrong person.  We would hang out by the pool all day, and work at Alices Restaurant at night! Oh my goodness the memories of our lives!!  We each had a honda car, lived in a house with an olympic size swimming pool, and after work we would drive to Venice to a weird club that was only lit by candles, and when we were done with that, we would go to her friends apartment, who was a baker, and it was filled with muffins, cakes, cookies, and scones all at 3 in the morning!!  I am sure we must have messed up her orders which were to be delivered at first light.  We would sample everything!
 
Oh, my goodness, I am so grateful.
For the gift, but truly
for my friend!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."
 
George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment