Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, December 16, 2013

I Love Dough!

When I grew up there was a Bakery in Los Angeles called Helms Bakery.  They had this wonderful truck that would drive around the neighborhoods.  You ran out and into the truck you went, then the wonderful Bakery Man would pull out these drawers filled with delicious goodies.  Yes, doughnuts, cream puffs, every wonderful morsel of sugary doughy delight imaginable!!

That must have set me for life because I have yet to meet a dough ball that I have not liked in my lifetime!

This weekend was so much fun!  My hubby and I made the no-knead dough bread in the dutch oven and it is delicious!
Yes, it is crunchy goodness.
 
Just like in the video, we made the dough and let it rise overnight.  The first loaf was delicious, but we baked it at 550, for the full 45 minutes, and it was a little burnt.
 
 
The second loaf was perfect and golden!
 
Golden brown yummy deliciousness!!
 
We made pancakes and sausage in our new cookware. . .
 
Chicken apple sausage!
 
Yes, just call us the dough couple!
 
It is so much fun to find delight in what is basic day to day routines.  There have been times in my life, when just the thought of toasting some bread for breakfast seemed like so much work.  I look back at these periods in my life and wonder what was happening or why I allowed that type of behavior to be part of my day.  You can analyze yourself silly, but the truth is the past does not matter anymore, we just have right now and if possible we should enjoy it.
 
 
I worked on painting the $30 dollar hutch!  It is turning out better than I imagined!!
Before
 
After an eggshell "coalmine" is the color!
 
Next the base. . .Before I get to work!
 
We actually got some positive responses from our inquiries for Farmers Market possibilities.  I am super excited.  The next step is to figure out the reality of having enough product to actually make this happen, and that of course, depends on the dreaded word, "money"!  Yuck, yes, we will have to try to find the money for supplies and the cost of a booth set-up.
 
So yet again. . .
 
BABY STEPS, 3 STEPS FORWARD, 1 STEP BACK,
JUST KEEP MOVING SLOWLY AND SURELY. . .
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Little by little, a little becomes A LOT."
 
Tanzanian Proverb 
 
P.S.  I have no idea why certain words are blue and have double underlines.  I will keep trying to figure it out, but there is no special significance! Just the technologically challenged here!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment