Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Saturday, January 11, 2014

As If

They say. . .

The powers that be, whoever they are,

That in order to make your dream a reality you must act "As If" it already has happened.

While I want to believe "them", I am still driving the ole truck, and not that vintage Jaguar XKE Convertible in Olive Green!  Oh, that isn't what they meant?

Creating the lives that we want is always a little harder than we would like, because we still have to live in the life we have, for now.

I am trying to believe, believe like I mean it, that just trying to create the home-based business is the first step, to the reality.  It comes like a mean rip-tide sometimes.  A few weeks can go by, hope, progress, the learning are all in motion and then WHAMMO! Fear rears it's ugly head and  I sink to the pits of despair! I feel like I am swimming and swimming and can't get to shore.  I am exhausted and scared.  I talk to the dogs alot.  I bake and bake and bake, yes my favorite escape, anything with sugar.

I am exploring eBay, because the truth is I have not really given Etsy a chance, but I know so many people who do well on eBay.  The truth is 3 people.  Two of them make a living doing it and the other supplements his income.

The reality of the Farmers Market is based on money.  It could happen this year and it could not.  I am acting "as if" it will, because I can tell you exactly how the booth will look!  Adorable.  Unfortunately, adorable is not free.

I went to my first Auction ever.  It was so much fun.  My friend, Miss H was kind enough to invite me and we had a hoot.  I bought a box of ribbon for $2.50, 2 ceramic pots for the patio for $3.00 each!  For $9.50, I felt as though I had just gone shopping at Neiman Marcus!  Well, almost, but I was thrilled. I would show you pictures but I still can't get my phone to download!  Soon. . .

So remember just "Act As If" and the world will be your oyster!  If only for a moment, remember you are awesome, you are capable, you deserve it, and with one foot in front of the other, you will make it happen! 

I am going to put on a frilly hat, some leather driving gloves and hop in the truck, but in my head I will be driving that ole Jag with the Stones blaring, just because I can!!

Not the green I want, but isn't she a beauty?

 
   Quote for the day:
 
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments:

Post a Comment