Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Friday, January 3, 2014

I Love Learning

I love learning.
Anything!

I love classes.
About anything!

For the last 3 years that we have lived here, I have been blessed to take many different classes.  In this vein, I am considering workshops to be classes.  It does not have to be in a traditional classroom setting to make me happy.

At the end of each year, I make a list of the things I missed out on, so I can try to plan better the next year.  You know, kind of like the garden list! 

I am always grateful for the things I have managed to fit in, because so much more is involved than the love of learning.

Time, money and transportation are my biggest challenges.

Timing can really reek havoc with the best laid plans.  Money just dictates what is possible.  Transportation, well, if the truck won't make it that far, tough luck!

On the wish list this year:
 
An Herbalist Program in Asheville - Highly unlikely I can go unless I win the Lotto!

An Herbalist Walk in Anderson - Again the Lotto will have to prevail!

The Sewing Expo in Atlanta - Yes, the Lotto yet again needed!

The SC Organic Growers Conference - This might be a real possibility

A Succulant Wreath Workshop in Spartanburg - A maybe

The Southeast Animal Fiber Fair in Asheville - A maybe

A Felting Workshop in Asheville - Again the Lotto

An Upholstery Class in Charlotte - Dream

A Mosaic Class in Greenville - Lotto

A Weaving Workshop in Asheville -  Lotto

A Stained Glass Class in Spartanburg - Lotto

Any Class at the John C. Campbell Folk Art School in North Carolina - BIG DREAM

There are so many more, but I won't go on and on.  You get the point.

BUT.. . . . .

In whatever way we can learn, we should always try.  It makes our dreams come true.  It creates new dreams and helps figure out ways to make them realities.  It makes us remember how smart, talented, creative, fun, and amazing we are!  It introduces us to new people who have the same interests, which opens up the possibility of new friendships.  Learning Rocks Big Time!

If we can't get to a class/workshop, we can still learn through reading, youtube.com, and trial and error.
Effort and belief are needed to ignite the learning bug in us.  We all deserve it.  The world needs it.

So this morning I will continue working on Kiara Kisses on Ebay.  I will make this silly little pillow business work, and one day, yes one day I will go to all the classes/workshops my heart desires.

Baby Steps, More Baby Steps,
Dreams

Yesterday I managed to get 3 pillows on Ebay, it might seem like a small accomplishment but my friends,
 IT WAS HUGE!

Pillow #1

 
 
 
Pillow #2
 
 
 
Pillow #3
 
 
 
I need to figure out how to put in the quanity of pillows available, because I have several out of each fabric.  I have about 50 more to list.  That makes me a little overwhelmed, but
Baby Steps Each Moment!
 

So today think about what you want to learn this year.  Maybe just one thing you have been dreaming of for years.  Go on-line and see what your community might offer, my guess is it is only a hop, skip and jump away!  Go for it!
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"If you imagine less, less will be what you undoubtedly deserve.  Do what you love, and don't stop until you get what you love.  Work as hard as you can, imagine immensities, don't compromise, and don't waste time.  Start now.  Not 20 years from now, not two weeks from now. Now."
 
Debbie Millman


No comments:

Post a Comment