Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Wow, 2014 is here!
 
I feel so many wonderful things are in store for us this year!
 
I declare 2014 a  Year of Goodness, Abundance, Peace and Health, which all equal Happiness!
 
There are so many dreams I have for this New Year.  Some are continuing dreams from years past, but many are letting go of past dreams and opening the universe to new possibility.
 
Christmas was wonderful for our family.  While we miss so many members who are on the West Coast, it was simply fabulous here.

Our first Prime Rib
 
It was a delicious experiment!!  My mom treated us to this incredible, yummy dinner.
My hubby was Meat Supervisor!
It was beyond incredible!
 
Roasted Root Veggies!
Parsnips, Rutabaga, Brussel Sprouts, Onion, Whole Garlic, Carrot, and Butternut Squash!!
 
Pie, Pie and Pie
 
I have been fascinated with Meringue. 
We had Lemon Meringue and Chocolate Meringue!
 
I feel the urge to learn to make delicious Meringue cookies or Pavlova, that Meringue base covered in whip cream and berries!!  Oh, definitely not on my healthy eating program!  Oh, dear!
So as you can tell, we had a wonderful Christmas dinner!
We are so blessed and I am so grateful.
 
In the past I could have gotten hung up on the table setting not being perfect.  Paper napkins, not having the right knife to carve the Prime Rib.  Serving out of whatever containers worked, that is what we did and it was wonderful.
 
My hope for 2014 is to learn to release the silly stuff.  The stuff that truly has no meaning in the bigger sense of our lives.  I want to recognize it when it rears its ugly head and let it go on its merry way.  I don't want to take any of my precious time or energy trying to fix something that is not broken. I want to be grateful for every moment.
 
That does not mean giving up on creating an incredible life, but to realize that I have one right here, right now.  To live more fully every moment, to let go of the past, and not to worry about the future.
 
On the Home Based Business Front there are new goals which have carried over into the New Year.
Kiara Kisses is moving forward with Pillows, as was originally planned.
 
A Paisley Print
 
A Raised Geometric Relief
 
 
A Broken Chevron
 
I have to work on getting these pillows posted, either on Etsy or Ebay.  I hit a road block at the end of last year.  The whole posting of products overwhelmed me.  Obviously without a store front and until the Farmers Market season starts, this is where I need to focus my energy.
This will be my biggest challenge daily.
Oh, and exercise!!  Ha, Ha!
 
I am going to start experimenting with kids pillows, because I want to make fun, creative things that are a little whimsical and whacky.  I will keep you posted.
 
We are hoping to be at a Farmers Market by mid-May, that is when the season starts in our neck of the woods.  It will be challenging, as far as finances, but it is the "Big Goal".
 
The truth is maybe the Universe has been waiting for me to get myself together. 
To learn this on-line business. It just might spiral into something big!
 
  I believe in it.
  I want it.
 Now I need to create it!
 
Sassy Soapery is very much a dream.
Just on hold.. .
Money for supplies is our hold up right now.
 
So
Baby Steps
Are
In
Order
One foot in front of the other. . .
Baby Steps
 
 
And in that very thought process, remember the Sewing Studio?
Well, Baby Steps have completed the hutch!!
 
Yes, the 30 Dollar Hutch is done!!
Ready for sewing supplies and my Amethyst!
I have been waiting for 3 years for a spot to place it!!
Finally. . .
Before we left for Mexico,  my hubby and I bought the most amazing Amethyst.
We were in Quartzsite, Arizona when we spotted and bought it.
I wanted the Fossils and Quartz as well, but this piece called to us.
We also bought a Citron, which was cut in half.
We gave one half to our Architect, Alejandro in Mexico.
They have traveled everywhere with us. . .
It is 3' tall and just brings the most amazing energy to us.
It has been tucked away until we could find a safe spot for it to rest
In the near future, I will bring you photos!!
 
2014
We are off and running
This year is going to be Amazing,
Full of Goodness
Health
Love
Peace
Kindness
Compassion
Hugs
Kisses
Abundance
and
Prosperity
 
Lets be good to ourselves and to others
Lets allow all the wonder of the world into our lives
We deserve it, we really do
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"I stopped telling myself that I'm lost.
I'm not.
I'm on a road with no destination,
I'm driving with hope that I'll find a place that I like and I'll stay there.
I'm not lost,
I'm on my way."
 
Ahunnaya
 

No comments:

Post a Comment