Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Healthy Attitude

I am thrilled that this year is coming to an end.  I think for my family is has been a good one.  Certainly not an easy one, but overall in the good range.

Some years on downright bad, while others are incredibly wonderful.  I will be grateful and content with good, because life does not always have to be a parade day.

I had a friend years ago, a young women, who was at a parade with her husband.  He was urging her to get closer, maybe get involved with the activities next year.  She told me, she simply was content to watch the parade.  It made her happy.  She did not have to be the parade.  I loved that!

When we have a "healthy attitude", it makes a huge difference in how you feel about yourself.  Along with our attitude, come "healthy boundaries".  It took me years to learn about these.  We are taught to please everyone, to constantly put other people first, and to do it with a smile.  People pleasing can kill you.

I am certainly not saying that other people are not important.  I am not saying we should be mean spirited.  I am saying that we are important, treating ourselves with love and kindness is key to staying healthy.

Christiane Northrup, M.D., is one of my favorite authors.  One of her lines really made sense to me this morning.  She says, "At midlife we get the chance to make changes, to create lives that fit who we are - or, more accurately, who we have become."   Wow!  I want to do this!!

What if we had a moment in our busy lives, IF, we could take stock of who we are at whatever age we happen to be at?  What if we made one, just one change that was who we had become, not who we were the last 30 years! 

Just let it all go. . .
Just let in all the goodness. . .
 
I always want to do too much.  I always want to learn everything.  What ends up happening is I run around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I don't do any one thing extremely well.  I have piles and piles of papers full of extremely important information, BUT when I sort through the paper, I no longer know what it was that I needed! 
Information Overload
Information Hoarder!
 
At some point I realized this was happening, SO, I cleverly devised a new system!  I would now add a "sticky" with said important information stated and attached to this life changing important piece of paper! 
 
What I have come to realize is my "chi" is blocked by stuff. 
The definition of chi is the fundamental life force that flows through all and everything.
 
Stuff that just does not matter. . . .has me blocked!  Phooey!!
 
Paper Problem
 
So as I head towards a new year filled with so many wonderful possibilities, I am focused on letting go of what is blocking me.  Every chance I can, I am doing the 15 minute de-clutter dance.  Just 15 minutes, and then let it go.  I have accomplished much by doing just that in the last 30 days.  I don't wait until I have a big pile for Salvation Army.  I just make a small stack of stuff and when I know I am driving by the drop-off, it goes with me.  Wow, it feels so good!!
 
I feel a big shift coming into my life. 
 A good, wonderful, much deserved and prayed for change.
 
We all deserve this.  If you can find time in the busy days ahead, think about what it is that would be a small, but significant shift you can make, just for yourself.  It might sound selfish, but everybody around you will benefit.  We need little pats on our backs sometimes, even if we give them to ourselves!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Attract what you expect,
Reflect what you desire,
Become what you respect,
Mirror what you admire."
 
Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment