Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Simple Delights

I love those days when you just realize all day how blessed you are!  It just happens when you wake up, it could be the sun shining through the windows, the oatmeal your hubby makes for breakfast, the phone call with a dear friend thousands of miles away!  The possibilities are endless, but it takes recognizing them for their simple gifts and being grateful.

Yesterday was that kind of day for me.  A lazy morning with coffee, an incredible conversation with a friend miles and miles away, but always in our hearts, oatmeal for breakfast, and then a day with simple accomplishments!

We are gradually gathering the supplies needed to start our soapmaking adventure.  As always, we are on a budget, so we hunt and gather for months, and then one day the adventure begins!!  I really feel like we could create a beautiful line of soaps, lip balms, potions and lotions to add to our pillows at future farmers markets or crafts fairs.  So in that vein, baby steps again....

Our first homemade soap mold!
 
My hubby used some scrap wood shelves and created this.  We are going to use piano hinges to attach to the sides and they will fold back to open the mold.
She is a beauty, isn't she?
 
My mom sold soap at a street fair in Palm Desert for years.  It was a glycerin based product, simply beautiful with ribbons of color and scents that were heavenly.  I don't believe that we will do glycerin, because I want to work with all natural products, but you never know.
 
Remember my Black Eyed Susans?
 
This is only a small plate of potential seeds....I have bowls and bowls to save....
 
Crazy how many you can save......
 
They are super tiny seeds.
 
I am going to experiment with them next spring..I will see how many I can actually bring to germination and if maybe I can sell the seedlings at the local Farmers Market!
 
We just had a great Sunday filled with simple pleasures.  I understand that life does not always afford lazy days with simple fun tasks, but if we look at the good, the funny, the many gifts we have it does affect our attitude......and attitude is everything.
 
Sauve always has a good attitude!
"Hey Mom, check out all the leaves!  Is it treat time?"
 
Have an amazing week, you deserve it!
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"You deserve flowers on your doorstep and coffee in the morning,
 
You deserve notes left on your dashboard and ice cream sundaes at 3 am,
 
You deserve honesty everyday and to be kissed every hour,
 
You deserve to be reminded how beautiful you are."
 
Unknown
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment