Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Deliciously Wonderful!

Wow, I love it when things go smoothly and it all turns our so yummy!

Our Thanksgiving was really lovely.  My husband, my mom and my brother and me!
 
My hubby always cooks Thanksgiving and it is delicious!  We had the usual Turkey,
stuffing, mash potato, gravy, asparagus, corn and rolls!  It was so very good.
 
I was in charge of dessert!  One of my favorite things!  I made pumpkin pie, apple crisp, banana cake and my first ever lemon meringue pie!  Who ever said there was enough dessert was Crazy!!

So very yummy!  Yahoo!!
 
This Years Accomplishments
As the year starts to roll to an end, I always try to make up a list of things that we have accomplished here on our little homestead.  It helps me figure out how we directed our energy and what was important.
 
We did well this year.  There is much left on the list that was not accomplished, but we are moving in a positive direction, together.   That is the most amazing part.  My hubby and I are on the same page, we do want the same things, and we will accomplish them when the time is right.
 
I find that seeing the cypress trees we planted 3 years ago swaying in the wind at over 5' tall so satisfying.  Remembering the 12' sunflowers that were all over the front yard makes me so happy!
Next year we will have chickens, and how thrilling that will be!
 
I was reading the other day about women's health.  This is a big goal for me next year.  I need to be healthier.  I need to be stronger physically. It is not just to look better, it is to feel better.
 
How we feel directly effects how we act, what we get accomplished, and what type of mood we might be in.
 
I want to feel strong, feel healthy, and feel happy.
 
Now I just need to figure out how to accomplish that and make the best pie each and every month and 2014 will be an amazing year!!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are."
 
Marianne Williamson
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment