Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Friday, November 8, 2013

Metanoia

Word for the day....

Metanoia  (n.)

The journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life.

I love, love, love this word.  I love its meaning.

One of my favorite teachers, Mrs. Campbell.  My Ceramics teacher at Samohi.  She had a list with a new word everyday.  They were big, complicated words.  I could not wait to see what it was each day.

For me when I can define what my goal or purpose is, it makes my day go so much more smoothly.

This word defines my life at this point.  It actually started in Mexico, when I realized that was not where I wanted to be.  It was not working for me in so many ways.  Slowly I began reading these blogs about farming, homesteading, creating a life that was simpler and soul satisfying.

It was weird because all of the people who I was fascinated with were on the East Coast.  From New York down to North Carolina.  I started dreaming of a farm.  I started a blog with that name.  Posted a few times and stopped.

The beautiful Liza & Blondie
 
For me finding this new life has not been without challenges.  I guess it boils down to finding what you are capable of, have the means to accomplish, and to me, the most important, WHAT MAKES YOUR HEART SING!
 
If life affords you an opportunity to make a change, not just a new apartment, or home or locale, BUT a real change in how you live each moment.....
 
Don't you need to embrace with every fiber of your soul?
 
Meet Moose
 
I find this time, this journey really scary.  I find it full of so much wonder and goodness, it just makes my heart full of love.
 
There are days when I want to throw in the towel, when I allow negative thoughts to rule my little world and then there are days like yesterday, that just feel like God is tapping me on the shoulder and saying, "hey girl, look at what is right around the corner.  you are so close.  don't give up!"
 
I spent the day with my friend, the Horselady.  She was so kind in letting me hang out with her and learn about taking care of her animals!  Thrilling and so much fun!
 
I learn by doing.  I am a visual learner.  I can read books until I am blue in the face, but I always can learn by actually doing the activity.
 
I learned to clean horse stalls!
I watched as she fed the horses, the goats, & the pig!
It was so incredibly fun!
 
They are amazing creatures!
 
So today I am grateful for the kind and inspiring friends who allow me to dream the dream.  I am grateful for the amazing animals we share this planet with.
Little moments bring such big satisfaction, they remind you that you are on the right track!
You just have to keep going and remember it is not a race....
IT IS YOUR LIFE
 
YOUR JOURNEY
 
SO CHERISH IT
 
EVERY MINUTE
OF
EVERY DAY 
 
MAKE IT YOUR DREAM
 

Quote for the day:
 
"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy.  The amount of work is the same."
 
Carlos Casteneda

No comments:

Post a Comment