Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Friday, November 22, 2013

Goals & Expectations

It is that time of year when we are reevaluating our progress for the last eleven months.  What did I accomplish?  What did I lag in?  What did I learn?  What brought me happiness, joy and peace?
What brought me pain? 

It seems to be a constant in my head.  What are you doing?  What have you done?  Where are you going?  Are you happy?  Do you feel content?  Why are you angry?  Why are you sad?  Why in the world are you confused?  Darn it, stay on track!!!  Oh, what track?  A, B or Z? 

Endless, endless questions,  blah, blah, blah!! 

Looking for more guests on your Alpha Course? Looking for guests outside the church? Click here to...



The thing about goals is we have an expectation of a result.  Or at least some progress.  We need to be able to give ourselves a thumbs up at some point. . . .

What happens when your brain is spinning out of control with ideas.  Ideas that make you silly with delight!  Interests that you are sure you would be good at . . . .If you could find the time and the focus to make them happen.

At some point I just shut down.  I can't take any more.  I think I have actually made myself physically sick the last month.  I have been laying down for two days, body aching, mind numb, brain tired of it all. Or it could just be the flu going around, or both!!

For me the truth is to write it all down.  Talk it over with my partner in this crazy life, my hubby and decide what needs to be tweaked, what needs to be eliminated, what can be added and what truly can we accomplish with time and money being factored in.

I am sure that we all have different needs, wants, goals and interest at different ages.  How can we not?  We grow so much at different times, while other years we are quiet, like bears hibernating.

If we factor in the need to pay the bills, have some fun, plan for the future, and dance in the dining room, it can be so overwhelming!!

So Just Dance!!!   No, just kidding. .

NO . . .NOT KIDDING!  We have to let go every once in a while, let it all out.....When it is all seriousness, when we are not laughing, when we don't enjoy the silliness of life, it just makes us sick, sad, confused and angry.

We need to let go of the overwhelming need to accomplish so much.  We need to give ourselves a break and realize we do so much, and we do a good job!  We need to pace ourselves so we are happy, healthy and full of joy.

Thanksgiving is next week and then the mad rush towards Christmas.  Be kind to yourself!

The dogs are snoring.
  I think I will give it a go, snoring rocks!!

Quote for the day:
 
"Goals are simply tools to focus your energy in positive directions; they can be changed as your priorities change, new ones added, and others dropped."
 
O. Carl Simonton



No comments:

Post a Comment