Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, November 18, 2013

Curiosity

I call my husband Curious George.  He drives me nuts with questions.  One after the other.  The worst ones are when we are vegging and watching TV programs.  He always falls asleep, he never remembers the plot line, and he controls the remote!!   Rewind, Question, Fast Forward, Stop, Question, Rewind, Plot? Who?, Repeat!! 
 
I am also curious.  I just don't require long drawn out explanations.  Some things just are not that important to me. 
 
BUT. . . .
 
I am curious about the new year coming fast towards us!  I feel this incredible, positive energy.  I feel that healing has been done, for my husband and me.  That new fantastic opportunities are opening up in 2014!
 
We moved to Mexico in 2006. 
 We left Mexico in 2010. 
We landed in Big Bear Lake, California to regroup and breath.
 We left California for South Carolina in 2010.
  We have healed and grown in ways I had prayed for.
 
New beginnings and new locales always bring new challenges, new thrills and new growth.  I have mentioned before that Mexico did not feel like my home until about 3 years into living there. 
About the time it was becoming a good fit, the horrible home invasion happened. It was violent.  I was shot, we were tied up, they stole our trucks and phones and left us to be found by friends.
 
That was the end of feeling any security for us. What had been "the dream", living alone on top of a small mountain staring at the ocean was no longer an option.  What goodness had been built by my husband in that "Dream Home" was dead.  Our only option was to come home to the States.
My hubby on the terrace at Casa Colina making curtain rod holders!
What a view, what an experience!
 
 
 
Changes are hard.  Even when we anticipate them, organize for them, plan and make them our reality.
Changes are sometimes brought to us by the strangest of circumstances.  Learning to accept change and make it positive can be challenging.
 
This year, our third year in South Carolina, it became my home.  I felt the shift.  I feel a sense of peacefulness in our lives. I feel that we are surrounded by goodness and that has brought so much healing.
An old barn with an American Flag and a Happy Cow
 
BUT. . .
 
I am so curious about the future.  I am so hopeful.  I am so grateful.
 
What are you curious about?  What are your hopes for the coming year?
 
This year will bring having a booth at a Farmers Market.  We will hopefully sell a variety of handmade items.  We are not sure which Farmers Market.  We are not sure what the products will be.
We are sure that it is in our future.  Of course, we want it to be successful, but the experience will bring the opportunities that will develop into a way to make our living.
 
Being retired and then trying to figure it all out again really SUCKS!  But I find that gratitude and curiosity make it so much fun.
 
No matter what our lives are like, no matter what life experiences we have had, we cannot let the past hold on to us.  We have to take the goodness and joy of those past experiences and keep them in our hearts.  Finding ways to release the negative past experience is hard, but is the only way to embrace the PRESENT....That is all we have, just this moment because life can change in a minute. And as a recent quote I used relates:
 "There is no past or future, only the present happening over and over now."
 
I remember laying on the floor in a puddle of dog pee and thinking if we can give these guys what they want, maybe they will leave SOON!  We just need to get through the next few moments ALIVE, then we can figure out the next step to living through this.
 
Whatever challenges you are facing, while they seem hard, you have the power to overcome them.  You can heal, your curiosity about life will return, your joy and laughter will ring through your soul again....It just takes Baby Steps, every day and sometimes every moment....
 
You Deserve All The Goodness In The World!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career.  I have lost almost 300 games.  On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game-winning shot...and I missed.  I have failed over and over and over again in my life.  And that's precisely why I succeed."
 
Michael Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment