Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumnal Equinox

Wow, today is amazing!  It is so beautiful outside.  The temperature is absolutely out of this world!
The breeze is fantastic.  I have been out on front porch having ice tea and raisin toast on this Fall morning!!

I have been under the weather and what an amazing day to lift my spirits!  Yesterday was the Local Antique Tractor & Farm Show.  Our bee club had a booth.  I did not get to go, but saw some wonderful photos from my friend, Beelady.  This community is so incredible! 
                                                                        
                                                                    Morning Light on Cannas
The light has shifted!
The garden is ready to sleep!
 
One definition of the Autumnal Equinox I found was...............
 "This is the day when both the daytime and nighttime are of the same length, which has been long interpreted to mean the world is in balance.
Fall is considered the season of balance, a time during which you can restore balance to your own life."
 
I really like this definition.  It always sounded so crazy when people said they felt the difference in the season, BUT..........
 I feel it and good changes are in the air, and I am thrilled!  This is one of the most wonderful things about living here in the Southeast, the Seasons!!
 
Black-Eyed Susans
Time to harvest the seeds for next year.  I did it last year, but was really lame in storing them.  Not one came up.  They were not in a cool spot and not contained properly.  Bad Seed Saver!
Lesson Learned!
 
I do not know the name of these, but they surround the front porch and give us a little privacy from street. 
 
Orange Marigolds from seed
These are so pretty this year.  Next year I want to do a big row in front of house.  They are just happy and healthy and bushy!
 
Peaceful
that is how
I feel
 
I hope you have a peaceful day, as well!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself."
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment