Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Creating a Homestead

That is what we are working towards.  A piece of land where we can grow food , raise some animals, plant some flowers, and let some chickens run around!  Oh, what I wouldn't give for a couple of dairy goats, and some rabbits and one big ole pig! 

I wonder what that schedule would feel like, in rhythm with the seasons and the land?  I struggle with remembering what order things should be done and what I just want to see NOW! 

My priorities change daily. One day I just truly want the compost bins built...and they are finished now!  The next moment,  I realize that we have not planted any fruit trees this year.  Nada, Zilch, Nothing! I am hoping to put some more berries in the ground soon, as well.  The winter veggies are still calling out, "Hey, don't forget to plant us!" Not one thing planted, yet!

I am inspired by this last spring & summer.  It was fun.  We grew food.  Not everything we had hoped for, but great lessons were learned!

                               More Eggplant Today!!
You know what we are having for dinner!
Eggplant Parmesan!
Fresh Basil!
 
 
Yesterday Afternoon Sky
The light is amazing right now!
 
I am in love with the idea of building a "cob" wall across the front of the yard!  They are so beautiful.  They last forever, and it could be inexpensive, just labor intensive!  Our first pizza oven can be a cob building project!  I can't wait for spring!
 
Here is a site to check out some beautiful photos and great info.
 
These from the latest Mother Earth News Magazine for October/November.
 
I would love for us to build my hubby a Man Cave that was a  "cob house"!  Oh, that could be so cool!  Lots of rock, woodstove, big tv, and lots of insulation, so he can blast that yucky punk rock band he loves, Guttermouth!  Oh, yes it is true! It just makes me want to run screaming out into the woods!!!
 
Orange Marigolds and Friend
I am so looking forward to giving Beekeeping another shot.  We will try and try and try and we will become Beekeepers in this lifetime!  We have our outfits!  It is sort of like we are all dressed up and have nowhere to go!
Last years hive.....I don't think lavender was their color, but it was sure fun to paint!
 
I love this guy, he is bringing home the honey!
 
 
 
This is so wonderful.  The weather.  The temperature.
All the goodness of Fall is starting!
 
There is so much to plan for next year, but I don't want to forget to take a moment and realize how much has been accomplished so far this year! 
 When time and money are factored in to realizing your dreams.  You must remember to look at all of the baby steps, the pieces of the puzzle, just one foot in front of the other each day, every day and the miracle just evolves.....you create your life, your peace and your happiness moment by moment....It does not all have to happen at once nor does it have to be perfect.  That is the best part.
Just day by day and season by season you can build your dreams.
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone.  Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety.  Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression.  Your glance can awaken joy.  Your words can inspire freedom.  Your every act can open hearts and minds."
 
Davide Deida
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment