Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Baking Cakes!

Today is my brother's Birthday!  Every year I make him a cake and every year he only wants a BOX chocolate cake!  Yuck, imagine how that makes me crazy!

Some years I would make a cake from scratch, knowing he would hate it and wait for that "Look of Really!?!"  and then I would bring out the old stupid box cake that would make him so happy!  You have no idea how much joy the whole process brought me!!  Ha, ha......I love bugging him!

So this year he tells me "Hey, I want a white chocolate cake."  What?  Really?  Not a box?

I am thrilled and excited.  So I decide to do the opposite.  I will first give him the BOX chocolate cake and tell him I was just too busy to bake a special cake .....and then out comes the real deal!

Disaster of a BOX CAKE!!!
 
Oh my, things were not going too well.  I figured I could fix it with frosting!
 
 
Onward to his request cake.....
The batter overflowed all over the oven!
 
 
Makeshift double boiler!!
 
 
The cracking of my mind!
 
 
Messy, Asymmetrical Beauty!!
 
Let's hope it taste better than it looks!!  LOL!
 
Happy Birthday Little Brother!
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Do Small Things With Great Love."
 
Unknown
 

No comments:

Post a Comment