Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Staying Focused

Man, oh, man........I feel like I keep talking about the same thing, but I wake up in the middle of the night and it is invading my mind!  FEAR creeps into my sleep, and then I am awake thinking, NO WAY DUDE!  GO AWAY!!!!

I have this list of goals, and they are gonna be doable, IF I STAY FOCUSED!  It really is as simple as that....in the past I gave up too easily.  I don't want that to be my pattern at this point in my life.  PERIOD!

My brother has this thing where he says, "Do you know you have 15,093 days left to live?"  Whatever the number is he throws out there.  It is so disturbing!  When I think OMG, that is all that is left?!
I freak and freeze!  It is based on average life spans, probably true but still irritating.

So with what time I have left in this ole body, I want to stay focused on what makes me happy, peaceful, joyful.  I want wonder and laughter to be part of my day.  Every single day!

My dad is from another thought process or generation, obviously, but how can it be so different?
He always says, "I have no idea what you are talking about when you say you want to be peaceful?"

Just writing that cracks me up.  Maybe it is just our own interpretation of what peaceful means to each individual.  I just find it weird that it could be so different, but then again, is that not what makes this journey so much fun?  How different we all are?!

We are living in the Bible Belt, and I was working at the local supermarket.  Alot of people would answer my question of "How are you?" with "God is good!" and a smile.  I have never been in an environment where people say this.  I have no judgement, other than they must be really peaceful.
It was weirdly wonderful, because I interpreted it as goodness and love.  I guess I could have been freaked out, but it was comforting. I guess it just means we each need to find the ways we feel love and comfort and goodness.  Whatever floats our boats........

Wow, did I ever get off track.!!!!  Ha, ha, I can honestly say that my fear is gone right now.

One of Gailsey's crochet hats!
 
So I am gonna try to list all of Mom's hats on Etsy today.  I don't know why it seems so hard.
Really simple, I just need to stay focused!
 
Yesterday my sweet hubby and I sat down and HE figured out what it would take to make the carport into my studio!  He would do the work and I would be the helper.  MONEY is the problem.
I figure if I had a space that could hold all the things required to make this happen it would be so much easier.  Maybe easier is not gonna happen right now?  Maybe it is!
 
I am so thrilled with the soap I made.  It is curing and smells delightful. I want to do that in addition to the pillows and whatever else I can sew to sell.  I am positive it is in my future!
So creating another space besides our kitchen makes sense.
 
When people are creating home based business, I am sure there are many ways to go about it.  I believe it depends on the product or service they are creating.  I am going to be kinder to myself, when I feel I am not getting more done, because this is new and scary, BUT it is doable!!
BABY STEPS, JUST BABY STEPS..........
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it well and serenly and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense."
 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment