Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

End of Year Goals

Tomorrow is September 1st and that means there are 4 months left in 2013. 

I am one of those weird people who like to start things on the first of the month, or the first of the week.  I also like to reward myself with gold stars on the calender!  Yes, just like in elementary school!  Such immediate visual graitification.....it works for me.


Ok, so I have determined 5 things that need to be accomplished everyday for the rest of the year.  I am not going to list them, as they seem so personal and silly.  I am going to give myself a daily star for each!  I am willing to chart my progress here.  I have great hope for this personal challenge.

In my heart I know that my life will be so much better. I will be so much better and I truly hope to do this for a wonderful end to 2013. I have this gift of time right now and I want to treasure it and respect it.......

Personal goals seem to only be set in the new year, but what if we gave ourselves a jumpstart?  What if we were stronger, more centered, more in tune with what the new year might hold if we had the time to do so?  Would it change the goals we create when the New Year rolls around?  I don't have a clue but I am gonna give it a whirl!  I will post the stars each day if I accomplish them!

I was up early having coffee with the dogs outside this morning.  It was still dark, and it was so delightfully cool.  I love that feeling.  The woods look all dark and scary and then the light starts to open it all up and it is just beautiful.  I guess I am a morning person now!  Holy Moly!

The process of making this property a homestead has taken on a new meaning for me.  I realize that without unlimited funds, which we do not have, it will be a slow meandering process.  Coming to terms with that is very freeing.

Our neighbor, "Farmer R" lives across the street.  He has been there for about 10 years.  When you enter his long winding driveway, you pass pastures with horses and it takes your breath away.  He said you just work on it a little every year. That is the goal.  Little by little we will clear some land and little  by little it will become our dream!
Some land cleared by hand
 
Looking back at the clearing where we put my mom's house
 

The Butternut Squash is Curing!
Soup is in our future........
 
Daisy says, "Is it belly rub time?"
The life of this princess puppy girl!
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
 
Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment