Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Wonderful Weekend

I love these fall weekends!  It is cool and cloudy!  Yahoo!!

Well, to start the weekend, last Friday was my hubby's Birthday!
When asked what he wanted for his Birthday dessert, I could have guessed!
Pecan Pie, this man loves Pecan Pie!
It all starts with these beautiful Pecans!
 
This was the Best Pecan Pie!
 
My Aunt Dot use to say, "Pretty good, if I don't say so myself!"
That was because we were all so busy eating, we had not commented on the delicious food she had prepared!
 
 
Yellowjacket Update
Yes, we went out and made our first pass at killing the horrible little creatures.
They were not happy with us.  We each got stung and they followed us for a long time.
I am sure planning their revenge.  We are going to do phase two at eliminating them this afternoon.
 
My Desk Area
Yes, we found the shelving for this area!
Little by little each area of this old house is coming together.
This originally was the linen closet, but we removed the doors and
old yucky shelves. Now I have a cozy little nook to do paperwork!
 
Check it out....
First bunch of sunflower seeds harvested!
Yes, these are from the organic Mammoth sunflowers we grew this year!
I see sunflower fields in our future.  This will be my first attempt to saving sunflower seeds and I have so many more to pull off of dried heads!
I will never eat another sunflower seed without immense respect for whomever grew, harvested, roasted and salted those little delights!  It is not hard work.  It is just time intensive!
 
Last year when I made a ton of pesto to freeze it became so clear why it is so expensive....you grow it, harvest it, puree, add the pine nuts, the garlic, the olive oil, and some delicious Parmesan cheese and not only does it take forever, it is so expensive to make!  Delicious yes, expensive yes!  Fun? I am not sure I would classify it as fun, but definitely delicious!
 
Organic tomatoes from seed!
I had forgotten about these plants because they had not produced at all this season.
I had started a bunch of plants from seed, and was so excited and then so disappointed because not one had produced fruit!  Yesterday I was walking around the cinderblock garden and spotted these!
Delicious!  We sliced them this morning to have with our turkey bacon and scrambled eggs!
 
Don Quixote
Yes, he has come out of hiding!
 
We bought this hand carved statue of Don Quixote in Tonala.  It is located south of Guadalajara.  It is one of the most amazing Artisan cities.  Full of treasures!
As you can see I have not finished painting, but I am quite pleased he will be watching over me in the Sewing Studio!
 
It was a wonderful weekend.  I feel so blessed and so peaceful.
My new outlook is summed up in today's quote.
I wonder how long it will last?
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. 
We shall get there some day."
 
A.A. Milne
Winnie the Pooh
 

No comments:

Post a Comment