Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Saturday, October 26, 2013

SIMPLE THINGS = JOY

Yes, I believe that is the correct formula.  I am constantly looking for things that bring me joy that do not require a dollar bill!!  If I pay attention and look around, it is close by and always, I mean always brings me happiness.

I am a magazine junkie.  I cannot bear not to look through magazines.  It is a pleasure and a curse.
It brings me immense pleasure and if I allow it, it can bring me the green monster called envy!

How do we reconcile the two?  How do we enjoy what we love without surrendering to the ugly?

I think we have to recognize the joy of the first thing, and control the outcome of the latter.  I doubt in this short lifetime I will ever give up looking at glossy magazines.  Whether it is on farming, gardening, cooking or baking, interiors, fashion, yoga, homemaking, creating, oh, my the list is too long........so I try my best to look at what inspires me and to be thankful that I have the opportunity to check out other people's creativity.

Check out the guineas on their morning walk.
They brought me joy yesterday morning on a country road.
I would have a little more joy if I knew how to crop this photo, but
BABY STEPS ONCE AGAIN!
 
So here are a few of the things that bring me joy and brighten my journey!
 
My husband, who through thick and thin carves out our life with hope, hard work, and a love for snacks that amazes me!  Oh, lets not forget his favorite, oatmeal raisin walnut cookies!
Just watching him devour them brings me happiness!  He stacks them up in the palm of his hand, three high!  Oh, the joy from some flour, butter, sugar and lots of love!
 
My Animals......always, every minute, they warm my heart and constantly give me kisses!
Despite the hair, the dirt, the barking, the need for one more treat!!  Ha, ha, the love is amazing!
 
The garden, even if it needs love right now.  The echinacea blooming, the basil going to seed, the hope of planting garlic, the wonder that I have a dedicated strawberry bed!  Oh, the joy....the hope for lavender fields next year, starting our fruit orchard, maybe, just maybe next year I will grow sweet bell peppers and zucchini , finally, that hope brings me joy!
 
A fire in the fireplace.  Last night was this Fall's first and it was so cozy and comforting.
The cost?  Gasoline for the chainsaw and teamwork between husband & wife! Oh, I forgot, my brother cutting the trees in the first place!
 
Trying new recipes!  Yes, today it is crockpot Chicken, Chickpea, Pesto Stew!
 
Interviews with my mom, Gailsey.  Yes, we have started a series of video interviews which are so funny and bring me nothing but joy and laughter!
 
Feeling safe.  I feel safe in this little spot in the world.  Priceless.....
 
Some days I don't make it happen, you know being thankful and joyful.
Some days are full of anger, doubt, fear, frustration, envy, but if I can recognize them, put them in their ugly place, and move on to one of the things that bring me gratitude....
Then I have won the battle for that moment.
 
The beauty and simplicity of a country road..
I hope you have a day filled with joy, happiness, peace and laughter!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"One is content if one can find happiness in simple pleasures. "
 
Thomas Malloy
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment