Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blogging - Business or Fun?

I try to write everyday because it is a good exercise for my brain.  It helps me practice writing, which is a habit.  One I really enjoy and one I would like to grow into.

This blog brings me so much joy!  I enjoy taking the pictures, picking which ones to post, finding a quote that means something to me.  I spend alot of time checking out other blogs.  These are so varied, homesteading, sewing, crafts, food, inspirational, beekeeping, weaving, oh, just about anything and everything.

I love the whimsical ones, the serious, the professional, the wild and wacky as well.

That brings me to my question today.  How do I want to direct this blog?  It started out as a way to connect (hopefully) a following to the Etsy Store.  That was the intention.  To start a small business from home.  I do not want to work for minimum wage at this age.  I am limited in skill set, as to what is available to me.  I am limited by transportation, as the ole truck will not make it anywhere but around town.  The answer seems so easy.  Make a living out of the house, do something that inspires me, and enjoy the journey.

We have been working on the Sewing Studio, transforming the two small rooms into a larger work area.  It is ready to be worked in.  There is more painting to do, there are storage needs to be met, but plain and simple, it is ready.............What is stopping me?   Fear, procrastination, laziness? 

Yesterday I pondered these questions.  I searched other blogs doing the exact same thing I hope to create.  I thought about what classes I could take to learn more skills in order to offer more services.  Then it occurred to me, Offer what to whom?

The truth is I have no idea.  It is still a huge learning curve.  Everyday.  Every moment.  I guess the only thing I am sure of is I Do Not Want To Give Up! 

Today I have one goal.  That is to finish one pillow.  My goodness, anyone that knows how to sew could do this in under an hour.  That is the truth.  I have all day.

Of course, life does go on.  The shopping for dinner, laundry, some cleaning, the garden & yard, and my new exercise plan need to fit in, BUT I can sew ONE PILLOW.

Ok, so there you have it.  My goal out there in the Universe.  I plan on having a picture for you tomorrow and a new product on Etsy FINALLY!!. 
My grandparents, Vern and Jerrie
She taught me to sew.....
He made mattresses.....
They were the BEST!
Sugar toast in the morning and a pot of beans all day...
I CAN DO THIS!
They made something from nothing
and
SO CAN I!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
 
Will Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment