Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Inspired by a Cotton Field!

Being new to the Southeast, there are many things that intrigue me.......pig's feet, collards, the saying "bless your heart", bbq, and today cotton fields!

They are incredible!  Just beautiful!

Is this an organic cotton field?  Are there chemicals used?  How long does it take to grow?  What are the growing seasons?  Wow, so many questions.....

Can you imagine picking this?  It would take forever.....
How much cotton does it take to make a tee shirt?
 
What an amazing crop!
 
I have grown up around fabric my entire life.  My grandpa and grandma made mattresses.  They had a chain of stores across the US, called Sleep E-Z. 
 
My first memories of sewing are sewing the bands that go around the mattress, the sides.
 
My dad is a furniture manufacturer.  He can cut, sew, upholster anything.  Of course, he would much rather have an employee do the work!
 
Trying to figure out a little business that keeps me interested has been challenging.
Yes, I know pillows are the starting point, BUT what are the possibilities?  What target markets am I not realizing are right in front of me?
 
Today I am so very INSPIRED!
Yes sometimes it just takes a field of cotton to make you realize you are on the brink of something fantastic! 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails."
 
Elizabeth Edwards
 

No comments:

Post a Comment