Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, October 21, 2013

Our First Sale!!

Kiara Kisses is pleased, delighted and thrilled to announce we have made our First Sale!!
To top it off, literally!  Ha, ha, it was one of my mom, Gailsey's crochet hats!!

Yes, we are off to the races......
This beauty has been shipped!
 
It was a great learning experience for me.
I learned I had not done all of the legwork correctly for Etsy or for Paypal.
 
We were blessed with a very kind and compassionate client, but it could have been a very different experience for our client and for our hopes of starting out on the right foot.
 
You might ask yourself, Why is she sharing this?  Because I believe the best lessons are from mistakes.  I believe that sharing makes it easier for other people to also pursue their dreams, regardless of their fears. 
 
I believe it makes us stronger and I love to laugh!
This learning curve in life can be gnarly and it can be really fun.
I just hope it balances out......with a happy ending!
 
 
Yesterday my brother and I made Jalapeno, Cheddar Sandwich Bread.
It was a hoot!
Just watching him measure the flour was fun!
 
Did you know my hubby is an awesome Bread Baker?
Well, he came by to offer some pointers!
 
The outcome is delicious!
The last batch was the crunchy crust we were hoping for!
 
Just when you give up.....
Bell Peppers Finally!
 
I am grateful for these simple things in our lives!  Making bread with my family.  Finding bell peppers in the garden, and the hope that the path we are on is the right one.....
The crochet hat sale might not seem like alot to the person who has been doing it a while, BUT to this lovely group on our Homestead, we are beyond GRATEFUL!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey!"
 
Barbara Hoffman
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment