Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Getting My Groove Back!

As you know these last few weeks, I had lost my mojo, my motivation, my way!
It is coming back.  The inspiration that is needed to stay focused on any new endeavor.
Lots of kisses from this guy have helped.
Who could not be happy with this face looking at you each day?
Does it matter he is in the hydrangea garden where he is not allowed?
Not with a smile like that!!
 
I read alot of different blogs that inspire me.  I have been really lame in adding them to my blog list, but intend on working on that.  The one thing I find that is apparent is that these different people keep keeping on!  Life and all of its complications just keep coming.  How we choose to deal with it all is what makes the difference.
 
I find it interesting that each decade we are alive, comes with a different set of fears.  In your 20's you might be worried about love, marriage or a career.  Heck, those three subjects have come up in nearly every decade since my 20's!  That is funny.   In your 30's if you have not started a family, that starts to be a new concern, with the old biological time clock ticking.  My 40's were about travel, fun, marriage and creating interesting experiences, these too can take up chunks of our lives.  Each period comes with questions, hopefully some answer, and some peace.  All of our decisions will not be perfect, but they are ours, good, bad or ugly.
 
I guess what really matters is that we are true to ourselves.  We need to acknowledge our fears, our hopes and our dreams.  We need to need to decide what we will allow to control our attitudes.  I keep choosing goodness.  It just boils down to what I define as goodness.
 
Goodness to me is basically that golden rule, Treat other people the way you want to be treated. 
That attitude is so important.  Life becomes so easy when faced with a decision, you can just ask yourself, "Would I want this to be done to me?"  It really is as simple as this....our choices.
 
In my 50's I want to live life on my terms.  I do not want to waste another moment on doubt or fear.  I certainly don't want to waste it on somebody else's doubts or fears regarding my choices.  I want to be kind, fair and loving towards my family and friends.  Towards strangers for that matter.  I want to turn the music up loud.  I want to dance with the dogs.  I want to try new recipes.  I want to delight in the wind, the leaves falling, and the winter coming.  I want to do my best to do my best and when I fail, I want to be kind to myself.
 
Doubt and worry have been hovering around lately.  I want to kick them to the curb, shake off the negative vibes and say, "Not today, you are not rearing your ugly head here!"
 
So today I will make some red peppers stuffed with ground turkey, turkey sausage and mozzarella cheese.  I will try to put my hair in a french twist!  I will walk on that darn treadmill, if only for 15 minutes.  I will do my yoga and try to breath slowly and with intention.   I will go kiss my mom because I am blessed she lives here on the property, and I can!  I will hug my hubby when he gets home and make sure he knows how much I love him.  I will love my life with all of my might!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"You've got to sing like you don't need the money.  You've got to love like you'll never get hurt.  You've got to dance like there's nobody watching.  You've got to come from the heart, if you want it to work."
 
Susanna Clark
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment