Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Art of Time Management

Tick Tock Tick Tock...................

It just never stops does it?  The one thing that I hope to accomplish in this crazy life is to manage my time happily.  I don't need it speeding ahead and making me anxious.  I don't need to make it stand still.  I just want to take advantage of this precious commodity in a positive way, a stress free way!

When we were retired in Mexico, there was only time.  Very few time commitments and then we would learn that our sense of time, was certainly not the same sense of time for the Latin culture.
I have very fond memories of coffee in the hammock, not really caring what time it was! Heck, I rarely knew what day it was for that matter!

Fast forward to Life in the States.  The whole pace has quickened.  The sense of urgency leaves me feeling so anxious.  It makes no sense to me that trying to simplify our lives would leave me feeling like I have to run to catch up.

Running like crazy to slow down............

Living out in the country is incredibly peaceful.  I have been told by new friends that we really aren't that far out, but it feels like it when driving back from the big city. 

I look back at older blog post and they all seem to have the same theme.  Balance, peace, focus, organization, a simple life.....sounds so easy, but I am finding it difficult.

I have not been doing a good job with prioritizing my different hopes, dreams, responsibilities. 

That is the goal for the next three months.  I want to end this year feeling like I am on track and at a pace that is accomplishing something, but not making me crazy.

Enter the Superintendent, my hubby.  He has helped give some structure to my days with a few suggestions.  I am hoping to give it a good go, but sometimes life does intervene and we must "Ride the Horse in the Direction it is Going!".

Perfect example, Max, my 14 year old cat got into a horrible cat fight last night.  One of his lower fangs is no longer standing up, no it goes sideways!!  Today is all about getting him to the vet and making sure he is ok.
Max
 
 
Also, not on my original schedule is catching a swarm of bees!
We have a bee swarm out in the back forty in an ole tree trunk! We are so excited because we are the Beeless Beekeepers!  Our first hive took off last spring and we were waiting until next spring to give it another go, but we are planning on trying to catch this swarm! 
 Out come our beesuits!
My hubby in his space suit!
 
Our first hive, still waiting to be occupied!
I really want to try to sell "Designer Bee Hives"!
Who wouldn't want a pretty, fun beehive?
 
Where we set up our first hive on our friends land!
You can see their hives on hillside above our hive.
 
My gloves are TOO BIG!
 
So yet again, the bee adventure might start if we are successful.  I will keep you posted!
Wish us luck! And remember BEE HAPPY!
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Periods of change are full of paradoxes.  They're difficult but exciting, frightening but freeing.  Letting go of old patterns that no longer work for us is exhilarating."
 
Sue Patton Thoele
 

No comments:

Post a Comment