Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cowboys & Indians

Yippee ki yay, I did it.  The production has started in the Kiara Kisses Sewing Studio!!

Fantastic day, but not without glitches......always something to improve on. 

This Cowgirl Pillow is 14" x 14".  The fabric is by Alexander Henry, a Los Angeles family based company.  I have had the fabric for years.  I have it in a variety of colorways.  There definitely are more Cowgirl pillows to come......

 
When I bought the fabric, I was at the International Fabric Show in Los Angeles.  Such a fun show to go to.  A ton of different reps display their lines, and Alexander Henry was one of my favorites.
The rep told me that the family business had been established for years, but the father was ready to retire and sales were down.  Then the kids stepped in and added a line of fun, whimsical patterns!  You can find them online or in quality fabric stores.  They are fantastic!
 
Messy and Disorganized Sewing Box
 
I found yesterday, that I am missing some key tools to make this experience run smoothly.
Before we left for Mexico, my hubby had bought me a Bernina sewing machine.  I took some of the free classes for learning to use the machine, but we moved before I completed the series.
I definitely need to learn more about this machine, as there are so many cool features.
 
At the same time I took my first quilting class, and was hooked.  I never finished the quilt.  I hope to find it in a box soon, ready to be worked on.....
That was when I was introduced to rotary cutters and self healing mats!  Wow, what incredible tools to make sewing easy.
 
I went out in the carport to find my mat and the dogs had dragged it into the garden!  It was not perfect to begin with, but now it is a goner.  We ordered a new one this morning!
 
 
When cutting out the pillow, I forgot to make the back piece bigger so I could put in a zipper.
I chose to just go with it and hand sewed it shut.  I can't wait to get some chip board and make some quick patterns.  That will make life easier.  I am hoping to get my hubby to make me some out of lucite, as that would make centering an object so much easier!
 
Well, I am not going to put this pillow on Etsy, because I want it to have a removable cover and I don't think this is as square as it should be, but I am thrilled to be sewing!
 
 
The red front door with the Big Lots Fall Wreath!
I am hoping to learn to make my own wreaths this year.
This one definitely leaves alot to be desired, but I will embrace it with hope for making an awesome one next year for Fall.....What riding the horse in the direction it is going?  Ha, ha......
We are taking a wreath making class in December.  It will be from fresh Christmas trees, but I am sure the technique will give me the foundation for all occasions.
 
The road to goodness.....
This is the road to the street from my mom's house.
Before long the leaves will be gone, but the beauty will not go away.
 
I love this road we are on.  I am so thankful for this journey.
I HAVE SO MUCH HOPE
 
Quote for the day:
 
Four steps to Achievement:
Plan Purposefully.
Prepare prayerfully.
Proceed positively.
Pursue persistently.
 
William A. Ward
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment