Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, August 26, 2013

A Sewing Studio

Everyone has a different idea about what a creative space needs to be.  It truly depends on your medium, do you paint? Are you a potter? Do you collage? Do you build bird houses? The amount of "stuff" needed to be creative and how you function best is huge.  Do you need shelving, boxes, labels, tools, electric outlets everywhere?  Do you need everything in its place?  Do you create in clutter? Lighting is always a huge concern. Temperature can make or break my mood!  Too hot, phooey!!  Too cold, I need hot chocolate!  Oh, I forgot to mention the ole budget!  Are you making do with what you have?  Are you at a place where money is not a problem?  Either way, there is so much to consider when designing your space.

Right now I have our spare room as my sewing studio. I feel so lucky to have a space that I can create in and leave as I want, when I want. I can close the door and the dogs & Max cannot make a mess of my mess!
                                                                                             My Mess!
I am not being as productive as I need because of the clutter!
 
The tubs of fabric need to go someplace else, and the cutting board needs to be out!
This space and my mind are Screaming......Organization is Needed!!
 
What!?!  The Sewing Machine is not center stage?
 
This is the goal of this week.
Organization!
Only in this space!
 
 
Saturday when I went to the Soapmaking class, I managed to swing by Tony's Fabrics in Greer. I had only been to the location right on the frontage road facing I-85.  This new location is farther away, but what a pretty space.  They have an amazing selection of fabric, pillow inserts, trims and offer all sorts of services.  It is well worth the drive.  Although, they are retail, they are reasonable and have quality fabric.
 
I love fabric on rolls!
 
 
Huge selection of remnants!
 
pillows, pillows & pillows!
Polyester and feather pillows
 
 
I love trim!
 
 
So pretty in an orange themed colorway.
 
 
Shades of red & dark pink


Tomorrow is the day to start organizing.  Wish me luck!  I really need it!  LOL!!


Quote for the day:

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."
                                                                    Augusten Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment