Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Learning

Education.  What exactly does that mean to you?  I believe it changes throughout our lives.  It certainly is influenced by our environment.  That can be as a child, teenager, young adult, medium adult(ha, ha), middle-age adult and oldie but goodie adult. Every environment provides or takes away from our own personal growth.  If we allow it to.  Good or bad, we have a choice.

I think that how we perceive learning is related to how much it triggers delight in our senses.  It is no fun to me to try to figure our algebra.  I suck at it.  Never did I feel any delight in any memory I have of algebra.  Talk to me about ceramics, and I can tell you details of that room all through high school. It delighted me. To this day, 36 years later, I dream of being a potter.  The thought delights me.

As we get older, not only are we struggling to make ends meet financially, we struggle with our own growth.  It can be books, friends, ideology, spirituality, our health, our retirement or lack of possible retirement!  It all requires work, daily to keep our minds active, alert, and happy.  But much peace comes when our minds are busy, not overwhelmed, but busy with goodness.

I want to learn until the day I die.  I never want to stop being delighted in educating myself.  I am not looking forward to being 60, but in this state, you can attend the local college FREE!!  Yahoo!  Now, if only my car would make it that far!

Since we have moved here, I have attended the local community college, what fun!  Taken many classes & workshops through the Extension Office.  Lordy, be still my heart!!  Delightful!  A Chicken workshop allowed me to hold my first rooster!  I am still working on getting our own chickens, and it looks good for Spring 2014.  I went to a Mushroom Cultivation workshop at Mushroom Mountain!  Now that was fun & interesting & delightful. I really want to grow our own mushrooms!  Yummy and inexpensive.

The point is, there is so much to learn.  Whether we have the choice of a formal education, or weekend workshops, each and every experience creates new choices.  Not every experience is something we want to repeat and sometimes we feel it might not have been worth our time or money, BUT then they get to be eliminated and moved out of that catagory that says, MAYBE, just maybe this might float my boat!! 

The rest of this year will be about creating products and learning to sell them online.  I am delighted. It will be fun, scary and hopefully a way to create an income stream.  Now next year!  Oh, my the possibilites are endless.  Baby steps, just baby steps..........

No comments:

Post a Comment