Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Pieces of the Puzzle

Sometimes it seems like life is just a big puzzle. On a good day all the pieces are right there at your fingertips!  Other days, you can't make one of those little buggers fit for the life of you.....

My choice is to work on it a little each day.  When it works, great, when it does not, there is always ice cream!

In the rush to try to get things accomplished, I find I am missing the current moment.  I do not want to waste this incredible life with worry, regret, sadness or anger.  I know that these things are part of life and they make the good times so much better, BUT I want to put them in the BOX of things to worry about another day.  They are not life threatening, they do not represent where I am going, they are just a nagging, negative thought process that needs to be quiet....

We have the power to choose what we think about each moment.  Some days are so busy with busyness that the negative stuff does not have a chance to surface.  Other days, things keep piling up with bumps in the road, and before long you can't see the end of the street!  "Topes", are what speedbumps are called in spanish.  They are gnarly, tall, concrete creations that will ruin the bottom of your car, if you don't slow down and give them the respect they require. I am not sure if that is spelled correctly, but you pronounce it "Toepay."
The weight of the world may weigh me down, but it will not win!

Today I will slow down and pass each tope, so it does not damage the underside of my psyche, and then I will yell, "Yahoo, one down, ready for the next!"  I choose peace, happiness, and goodness today.......

Quote for the day:

"The chains which cramp us most are those which weigh on us least."
 
Anne Sophie Swetchine

1 comment:

  1. So true my friend. Each day we chip at those topes....

    ReplyDelete