Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Monday, August 5, 2013

Blogging & Etsy

I am a blog-o-holic!!  I love seeing what my favorite bloggers are up to.  In the morning when I have the luxury of starting my day with a big cup of steaming coffee, my favorite chair, and that morning light that fills the day with so much wonder and promise, I settle in and try my hardest to limit the time I will allow myself to follow my blogs.

It touches me every time in a different way.  Some days, I am just thrilled I have the chance to hear the voice of so many people.  Some days, I want to just stop spending the time it takes to stop by their blogs and just start living my own life and truth.

But we live in this crazy time in history.  It all seems to go so fast, and the more we try to slow down, we are just trying to catch up in the next moment.

Our journey here in South Carolina has been many faceted for my husband and me.  Trying to rebuild our life after a Misadventure in Retirement in Mexico.  That is the name of the book, if I could just concentrate long enough to put the words on paper, before they are forever out of my head.

We lost a lot of material goods and financial security on that Adventure.  This chapter is learning about living with less, accepting past mistakes and forgiving ourselves.  Really those are my goals.  You would have to talk to my husband to get his feelings on life.

When we say we want to live simply, what does that mean?  Is it no longer buying into consumerism?  Is it recycling and being kinder to the earth?  Is is just finding joy in each day?
Is it growing our own food? 

It means something different to each and every person.  It is hard not to want "things".  They bring so many different meanings with them.  I am always surprised at how happy I am when we have the means to stock up on groceries and animal supplies.  Such a simple and silly task, but what a relief to know you have enough to eat and feed the furry creatures you love.  Sometimes new dish towels seem like such a luxury.  Gasoline in order for my husband to go to work!  Wow, that can be powerful.  It seems simple, but with gas prices so high, it is a luxury sometime.

I am going to blog about learning to blog!!  So funny.  As I read the rambling I just wrote, it is not at all what I sat down to write about, but it is a start.

I am going to open an Etsy store, as well.  I have 5 pillows done.  They need to have inserts, but as soon as I can figure out that money, and how to open the Etsy store and how to transfer the photos....baby steps.

The garden has been incredible this year.  We learned so much.  We will try our first winter garden this year, as well.  We are hoping for brussel sprouts, collards, cauliflower, broccoli, beets, and garlic.
I grew lots and lots of sunflowers this year to see if I could grow them and sell them in the future.  I will try to download some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment