Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Patience

Today is about being patient with this process of learning blogging!  I want it the way I want it!  NOW!! 

Last nights Beekeeper Meeting was fun.  It is so good to hear about all the honey being processed.  Also sad, but reassuring to know that other people have lost hives.  It was not something we did. 
The bees have disappeared for alot of folks.  We will learn from fellow beekeepers and hopefully next year we will actually become certified and have produced our own honey.

The sunflowers are amazing.  They tower over my hubby and I.  They are better than I expected and bring so much joy, everytime I look out the front windows! 

The handsome hubby and I have a busy 4 days planned, starting tomorrow.  We are starting a transplant room, on the side of our shed.  A place to pot and organize our seedlings, until they go into the hoophouse, and then eventually outside to harden off.  It will make next season so much easier.
We also hope to complete our compost bins.  Right now, we have a chicken wire circle.  We have collected the used pallets, and are ready to construct a proper 3 bin compost area.  I am so excited.

Making this little homestead happen has been challenging.  My vision, my husband's vision and what we can afford are three different things.  I want to be as self-sufficient, as possible.  I would love to have a small herb business, whatever that means.  The definition changes with each new bit of information I receive.  I want our 5 little acres be to MAGICAL!!.

Time, effort, and money!  Holy Moly!!  That is all it takes.  Plus dreaming, big dreams, beautiful dreams!  Never let go of your dreams, they are the foundation of your reality.

My husband had a dream.  He wanted to live in Mexico.  For years he traveled all through that beautiful country.  He made his dream come true.  He built us the most amazing home, on a hill that looked at the ocean.  Wow, talk about visualation!  We lived that dream for 4 years.

Now, we are onto the next dream here in the woods of South Carolina.  I am still amazed when I wake up and look outside at the dense green beauty....snow in the winter and then the joy of spring coming.  Right now, I am ready for fall.  What fun!  The crisp air is coming, the leaves will turn colors that delight us, and I am thrilled and grateful to have this opportunity in our lives!

My favorite quote today:

"Better to be slapped with the truth, than kissed with a lie."
                                                     Russian proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment