Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Circle of Life

Last night, as I was feverishly online looking for wholesale sources for pillow inserts, it dawned on me.......I am back to square one, 20 years old again, learning and loving design.

It is strange how life takes us down these long, winding paths, only to end up right where we started.

In Los Angeles, I had a lifetime of knowing where to buy upholstery supplies at my fingertips.  If my dad did not already have a source, it was relatively easy to find one.  Downtown LA has a fabric district and a garment district, oh, and a diamond district!!  Ooh, la, la!!

So here I am in the Southeast, and I have no source for a quality, inexpensive pillow insert.  How can this be?  Highpoint, NC is the biggest furniture show in this country. A majority of furniture manufacturers are based in North Carolina.  I have never had the pleasure of going, but my dad says it is amazing.  Maybe that is in my future!  Oh, what fun it would be.

The sweet hubby and I are going up to North Carolina tomorrow.  There is an amazing fabric store, called Mary Jo's.  I am so excited.  We will get some supplies, hopefully cheaper than JoAnne's Fabrics, and we will plan out a product line, based on our dreams and budget!

Now, this is the kicker!!  We are going to a wig supply place!  What for you ask??.....Yes, to get a STYROFOAM HEAD!!   I have a zillion crochet hats my mom has made.  I have had no luck photographing them for the Etsy store.....enter foam heads!!!  Watch out folks, this weekend, we might be debuting, "Gailsey's Crochet Hats"!!  I feel a little hypocritical, because I will not drink or eat from Styrofoam, because it is so bad for our environment.  BUT I guess I will buy a foam head!!

I have been going through tubs of fabric that have traveled from California to Mexico, back to California and then to South Carolina......only a FABRIC FREAK would understand.  You always have to buy the piece that speaks to your soul.  You might not be able to use it right away, BUT one day, you will be inspired, and there it is waiting for you.
 
 
 
Cowgirls!
 
 
                                                                                                    Polka dots?
 
 
Autumn Floral
 
 
Beautiful floral
 
So much fabric, so little time!
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do."
 
unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment