Tuning Leaves

Tuning Leaves
Just Smile and The World Will Follow!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kindness

As I get older, yikes!, the one thing I am sure about is the simple act of kindness towards others, and I guess ultimately towards ourselves.

For years, I was a waitress, and the one thing that could just ruin a shift, would be somebody's mean-spirted demeanor.  The mean tone, the lack of please and thank you, the obvious disregard for your feelings, these are such easy things to rectify with kindness.

Is it the environment these mean people grow up in?  Are they not taught please and thank you? Or are they just having a bad day? 

In a world, so clearly lacking common courtesy, these simple words are free, easy and can change somebody's day.  From the checkout line in a supermarket, to the bank teller, or the person monitoring the gas lines at Costco, they all have a choice to extend kindness to everyone they encounter.

As human beings, I feel we have to extend these common civilities with everyone we encounter.  I believe these are the baby steps to a better world.  We have lost sight of goodness and kindness.  We need to focus on love. 

As I go through the process of deciding what I am willing to endure at this time in my life, I am positive, mean-spirted people are not something I will tolerate.  We have choices in how we live.  Sometimes it seems like we just have to deal with whatever is handed to us.  Maybe that means, responding with kindness, when we would like to hand over a knuckle sandwich!!  Maybe it means, realizing this person might have just received really bad news, or their blood sugar is low, or they just lost their job.  We will never know each and every case of why they are mean and unkind.  The only thing we can do, is not take the bait.  Kill them with kindness and move on.....

Now, these four furry creatures always extend kindness!!
Sunbathing
 
 
Today I am going to try to open the Etsy store.  I will let you know how it goes.....Embracing technology is so much fun.
 
My grandpa, Vern, he was a firm believer in a three line ad in the newspaper.  He was a mattress man.  Owned 60 stores across the states at one time.  He would be blown away with internet business today.  I so wish he were here to see Kiara Kisses explode! 
 
 
Quote for the day:
 
"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace."
Dalai Lama
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment